Elk Lake Iceboat Party

Our party/regatta is on for the weekend of the 17th and 18th of February. Launching will be mostly from our house, 3rd street or White Birch Lodge (all within walking distance of each other) we already have boats arriving a week early, by Monday there should be over a dozen boats with 6 days still before the party starts (doesn't include the local club sailing out of White Birch). Everything is free. There will be door prizes, trophies for Jboat and sportsman racing and food.
As of this morning we have 4-6" of hard ice. 90% clear with the other 10% being up to 1/2" deep of light fluffy stuff. The temps are low enough this week (single digits and below zero) to build alot more ice before the party. We already have trailers on the ice at our house and White Birch lodge.
White Birch Lodge Launch:



The pits and party will be around the point from the lodge at our house. (about 1/2 mile)

Any questions call Jack Jacobs 586-201-7976

Ice conditions

Some of the ice is bumpy , but even the skimmers had fun. We had everything on the ice today from skimmers up to A- Skeeters.
video later on youtube