Centrals and Lake Pepin 12/28/16

Our friends in the Central Region, lead by Commodore Bill Cutting, had hoped to squeeze in the 2016 Central Championships before the new year. Unfortunately, the forecast is not cooperating. The word on the street is that the regatta will be canceled.

But, I do know they are sailing in Michigan. I have received reports that Struble, Sherry, Grogan and a few other speed freaks are sailing as I write this. They have great ice but a relatively small venue.

Pepin is being scouted today. Stay tuned for the report. Think Ice!

Sailing out of Harry's wed. 12/28

Might be a little rumbly for DNS. Prob ok larger boats. See if ok for fri. Sat. Sun. Otherwise. Lake city looks smoother. Meyer

Deadline for DN Worlds Registration

The 2017 DN Worlds are coming to the Western Region Jan 22-28.
Early deadline registration without penalty deadline ends Dec 31. No extensions are planned.
Save money by getting this done in the next 5 days. Go to the na.idniyra.org website to register.
There are now almost 50 pre registered!

Lake Waconia

Check In Towne Marina's Facebook page for updates on ice thickness. I live 40 ft. ,above the lake on the southern shore so I am able to see almost the entire lake. After our Christmas rain, no snow remains. Although it froze slushy so is rough. I would be happy to field phone calls at 952-442-4741. I believe the golf course restaurant is closed for the winter, but plenty of warm up locations in St. Bonifacius as well as Waconia. I'm an "old" iceboater from Tawas Bay, Michigan.

Ice for thurs 12/22 and 23

Main lake froze so unless snow blows off need to find a lake that is water sat am to freeze that night or sunday please report such a lake ?pepen Gull green lake spicer millacks???

Dn for sale boat has been sold

Dn for sale, Gougeon hull Sarns blunts stainless angles,Harken blocks. Goodwin style mast,glass over Ash-redwood carbon tube 1,800$ jdwood@frontiernet.net-Cel. 612-834-8713

Pos ice for wed12/14

The bay shorewood yc is open so hope enough clear ice by wed not huge area but goes to sun set pt put on at firelane end of hazel st off of to ka bay rd Meyer

Swede Lake ice report

Swede Lake (north of Waconia ) has 3 inches of smooth sailable ice. If you stayed local this weekend, come on out! Not much wind today, but probably enough. I am going to see up the ice surfer / free skate / windsurfer thing. I also drove by Waconia, which is half froze and will lock in tonight.

Great Western Challenge - Brainerd!!!!

JD and Jimmy do the impossible: Find ice in Brainerd.
Friday is always the best day. See you there!

DN Parts wanted.

I am looking for a plank set up for #220, Affordable insert runners, and maybe a Forstmann boom. Smaller items I would be interested in would be a set of inside attachment plates, socket style mast step base, tiller locking pin, and Sta Masters for side stays. I am also looking at modifying my cockpit. if anyone is having a shop might I would like to attend and contribute. Please let me know!

Thanks
Andy
DN 1419
612-940-8509
Markomn78@hotmail.com

Wanted DN Sail in Average to Good Condition (ie $250 to $350)

Wanted DN Sail in Average to Good Condition
Steve
612.968.1628

Western Challenge Regatta -- CALLED ON!

The cold weather has been cold and there is more cold weather on the way!

It's on!

Primary site is Lake Christina, Ashby Minnesota, mile marker 8.

Friday Dec 9th (practice, like usual), More formal racing Sat-Sun Dec 10th and 11th.

Good job on thinking ice everybody!

Buffalo_DN_0008_Will_Poised_at_Start_1
Willy from 2003 Western Challenge

70s DN cruiser for sail

good condition, pretty quick DN, $1200. upgraded hardware, shrouds, decent sail, sarns bulnose runners, everything complete. Mike, Edina, MN, 612.834.6592

Western Challenge Regatta -- Under Postponement!

The decision has been made to be under postponement for 1 week.
Next update on Friday the 2nd of December, and then more info after the weekend scout(s) report in.
Regatta under Postponement until Friday Dec 9th (practice, like usual), Sat-Sun Dec 10th and 11th.

We have some potential up in ThunderBay but with a few days of warm temps and some rain it's hard to predict.
We need to see how bad it goes this week and then how cold it is over the next weekend. If it got cold enough, Christina could still be in the mix.

Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!! Think ICE!!






Got Ice?

If anyone knows of anything that is frozen it would be great to hear from you.

Syndicate content